At Kaai, we respect your right to privacy and we want you to know you how we collect, use and disclose your personal information (“Personal Data”).
1. Who is responsible for your personal dataKaai NV (referred to as “Kaai”) is responsible for, and the Controller of, the processing of your Personal Data. The website kaaibags.com is offered by:
Company number (VAT-BE): 0682522286
2. What information do we collect about you
“Personal Data” shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Kaai collects the following Personal Data about you:
- Personal identification data: name, first name, personal address
- Contact details: telephone number, email address
- Electronic identification data: IP address
We ask you not to provide us any Sensitive Personal Data, which is data concerning:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinions;
- Religious or philosophical beliefs; Trade union membership;
- Health or medical condition;
- Sex life or sexual orientation
3. How do we collect your data
Through the use of our Website: we may collect Personal Data when you browse our Website, or when you complete the “contact us” form on our Website;
By signing up for our newsletter;
By contacting us through customer service: we may collect Personal Data about you when you contact our customer service or via any messages that you send to us.
We may combine Personal Data that we have collected via different sources, taking into account applicable data protection law.
4. How do we use your personal data
Kaai will process your Personal Data for the following Purposes:
- To allow customers to access their profile on our Website and to use the services offered on our Website.
- Legal basis: our legitimate interest to properly manage our Website and business.
- To efficiently offer our services to you (e.g., to manage orders and deliveries we need to process your contact information and personal address).
- Legal basis: the performance of the contract we have with our customers.
- To respond to your inquiries and complaints.
- Legal basis: our legitimate interest to respond to the requests of our customers.
- To detect and protect users against fraud, mistakes and/or criminal behaviours.
- Legal basis: our legitimate interest to prevent fraud and criminal activities and to protect our customers of such activities.
- To send promotional offers, invites to special events and newsletters to our customers and prospects:
- Legal basis: your consent (for customers: soft opt-in; for prospects: prior opt-in). You have the possibility to withdraw your consent at any time via the unsubscribe button that is included in all our communications.
- To personalize our marketing communication to you, by making use of Pixel tags and other tracking technologies (such as the Facebook Pixel):
- Legal basis: your consent.
- To improve our services, understand customer needs and trends and optimize your user experience, we may analyse your browsing habits on our Website. This processing is always performed on anonymized data that cannot be linked to an identified or identifiable person.
- Legal basis: our legitimate interest to optimize our services.
- Protection of our interests: we may need to use your Personal Data to comply with our legal obligations or to respond to a request from public or governmental authority. We may also need to use your Personal Data to protect our interests in legal proceedings.
- Legal basis: legal obligation or our legitimate interest to protect our company.
If you participate in a KAAI event, we usually register your first name, last name and e-mail address. During most events there is also a photographer present to capture the atmosphere and take photos of all those present, which we can post on our social media afterwards.
Your contact details will be processed so that we can register you for the event and send you related information. Photos can be published on our social media channels to put the event in the spotlight.
Your registration for the event is based on your consent.. The publication of photos on social media is based on legitimate interest of KAAI for online visibility. You can always withdraw your consent in accordance with point 5 of this Privacy Statement or request your photo to be removed by sending a link or reference from the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. With who do we share your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with our commercial partners and third parties, in order to provide our services to you. Here below you can find a list of all recipients of your data. As these third parties may process your Personal Data in accordance with their own privacy policies, we advise you to visit their websites and read the policies provided by them.
Shopify inc webhosting: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- Klaviyo: https://www.klaviyo.com/legal/privacy-notice
- Rapid Reviews: https://shop.kaai.eu/a/reviews/terms
- Google analytics: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
Third parties and authorities, when necessary for complying with our legal obligations, responding to a request from public or governmental authority or to protect our interests in legal proceedings.
6. Storage of your personal data
All information provided by you to us and kept by us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We ask you not to share your password to anyone. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and we are not responsible for any breach of data security which is beyond our reasonable control. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We keep your Personal Data for as long as, and no longer than, required for our Purposes as described in point 3, unless we are legally required to keep certain data for a longer period.
We intend to keep your data accurate and up-to-date, and promise to delete your data from our databases when we no longer need it for the Purposes.
7. Your rights as a data subject and how you can make use of them
In all circumstances, you have the right:
- To request access to your Personal Data, to request information concerning our processing of your Personal Data, and to request a copy of the Personal Data that we are processing of you;
- To request to update or rectify any inaccurate Personal Data, or to complete any incomplete Personal Data;
Under certain conditions, you have the right to:
- To request us to erase your Personal Data;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- To restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- To withdraw your consent at any time, if the processing is based on your consent;
- To request your data to be transferred to you or to another data controller (right to data portability), when the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of the contract we have with you.
- To exercise any of these rights, you can contact us via email at email@example.com, per telephone at +32 473 96 56 91 or per postal letter to Kaai N.V., Nationalestraat 91, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium.
If you believe that Kaai NV does not process your personal data lawfully and according the legal requirements, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Belgian data protection authority www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be)
8. Security and confidentiality
KAAI NV has taken technical and organizational security measures to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure of personal data to third parties and any other unauthorized processing of these data.
Under no circumstances can KAAI be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the erroneous or unlawful use of personal data by a third party.
KAAI NV wishes to inform you that our website may contain links, hyperlinks or references to other sites, which KAAI does not control and to which our Privacy and Cookie Statement does not apply. These sites are not managed by KAAI nv.
KAAI NV is not liable for the content of such websites to which reference is made, nor for the offers, products or services mentioned there. We therefore recommend you to carefully read each privacy statement of each site you visit, as it may differ from our Privacy & Cookie Statement.
9. Age of consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
10. Applicable law
Kaai NV may change the Privacy statement at any time in future. Such changes will be published here. We therefore recommend that you check this page regularly for updates